TAP briefing note below regarding the ESF Action Note 006/17 ESF and the Apprenticeship Levy.
The YNYER LEP Business Support Toolkit has now been published.
The ERDF Priority Axis 4 Guidance has been updated to V4.
As part of the modification of the Operational Programme a review of the Priority 4 Guidance was undertaken. The changes provide greater flexibility for projects to deliver activity and collect greenhouse gas reductions. Please refer to page 2 of the document which provides a summary of the changes made in relation to V3.
This will be published on GOV.UK in due course.
The Financial Table Annex’s for outline and full applications for ESF projects have been updated to version 3. Changes to the guidance have been highlighted below but this list is not extensive and there may be other alterations.
The Project Underperformance Approach Process Note for Grant Recipients has been updated to version 3.
Changes to the guidance have been highlighted below but this list is not exhaustive and there may be other alterations. A full read through of the updated document is recommended to ensure that any other amendments are not missed.
- The table following Item 20 has been updated and expanded with comments regarding the proportionate distribution of weightings in the underperformance calculation.
Humber LEP have just released ERDF and EAFRD Implementation Plans on the LEP website
The Implementation Plans are in the key documents at the bottom of the page. They are designed to give potential applicants an overview of anticipated activities to implement the Humber ESIF Strategy. This is subject to change as it is the Managing Authority that has the final responsibility for agreeing and issuing calls for projects but it sets out their intended programme at this time.
An updated ERDF 14-20 document has been produced
Project Underperformance Approach Process Note for Grant Recipients V3
- This new version provides clarification of how underperformance methodology will be applied where there are fewer than 4 contracted outputs and for TA projects
The ESF national eligibility rules have been updated to version 5
Changes to guidance have been highlighted below but this list is not exhaustive and there may be other alterations. A full read through of the updated documents is recommended to ensure that any other amendments are not missed.
- Document amended to clearly outline the rules for both national and local CFO’s around match funding.
- Paragraph 6.41 has been changed to explicitly cover National CFOs and match funding.
- Paragraph 6.42 has undergone minor changes.
- Paragraph 6.43 has recently been added to the document to cover Local CFOs and match funding.
ERDF Claims Process for Grant Recipients has been updated to version 2
- Version 2 no longer states it is possible for the ‘On the Spot Verification (OTSV) visit for any retrospective expenditure to be combined with the Project Inception Visit (PIV).
- There is a new section on ‘Transactions relating to SME match’ (pp.9-10), which details how such transactions (as long as the relevant claim has not been selected for an OTSV visit) may be ‘packaged’ together to be on one line on the Transaction List
ESF Cross Cutting Themes Guidance for sustainable development and equality version 1 has been published
European Structural and Investment Funds National Procurement Requirements has been updated to version 5.
Changes have been made to Chapter 6, in particular the National Rules.
- A paragraph at section 25 about delegated grant has been removed and footnote 45 at p.36 has been added.
This should clarify for everyone following the national rules; “The route followed is based on the full value of the contract and not linked to the amount of ERDF involved, the value of the grant or the project intervention rate”. These changes are effective from the date of publication and are not retrospective.
Performance of Projects.
ESF Underperformance methodology has been updated to version 4
- There is an added sentence stating:
“Although the Project Change Request is usually used to amend targets below 15%, the Managing Authority may choose to use the methodology to assess the value of these changes.”
This can then be seen on the example tab, which includes three outputs with a variance of less than 15%, but have still been accorded a weighting of 5%.
European Social Fund 2014 to 2020 anti-fraud policy version 1 has been published
Evaluation of ESF
ESF Skills for Jobs study 2016 to 2018 information sheet version 1 has been published.
The ESIF National procurement requirements has been amended and changes made to Chapter 6, in particular the National Rules in version 5.
Updated ERDF 14-20 documents have been produced:
Full Application Form V6
Full Application Form Guidance V6
A revised version of the European Social Fund scoring framework (version 4, dated 17/01/2017) has been published on the gov.uk website. It has been updated to make it clear that it relates to Funding Calls only. Also revised version of the ESF underperformance policy (version 4, dated 17 January 2017) This now includes a link to appendix 2 (underperformance methodology).
Please use the below link for a new version of the ERDF Eligibility Guidance (V5)
This has been amended in three areas:
- SME match funding section regarding repayment of ERDF (page 9)
- Eligible Capital Expenditure section to include the apportionment of costs (page 17)
- Revenue section to include Broadband project management costs as eligible expenditure (pages 31 & 32)
Please use the following links for new ERDF 14-20 documents.
Please find below a number of new and updated ERDF guidance documents that have been produced since the Referendum in June 2016 circulated by DCLG.