ESIF – European Structural Investment Funds
An Umbrella for the three ESIF individual funds to sit beneath.
The ESIF aims to increase social and economic prosperity across Europe and reduce the gaps between regions; creating a more competitive, prosperous and inclusive Europe.
The ESIF comprises of 3 elements with their own specific thematic objectives:
European Social Fund (ESF)
- Promoting employment and supporting labour mobility;
- Promoting social inclusion and combating poverty;
- Investing in education, skills and lifelong learning;
- Enhancing institutional capacity and an efficient public administration.
European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- Innovation and research;
- The digital agenda;
- Support for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs);
- The low-carbon economy.
European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD)
- Fostering knowledge transfer and innovation in agriculture, forestry and rural areas;
- Enhancing the viability and competitiveness of all types of agriculture, and promoting innovative farm technologies and sustainable forest management;
- Promoting food chain organisation, animal welfare and risk management in agriculture;
- Restoring, preserving and enhancing ecosystems related to agriculture and forestry;
- Promoting resource efficiency and supporting the shift toward a low-carbon and climate-resilient economy in the agriculture, food and forestry sectors;
- Promoting social inclusion, poverty reduction and economic development in rural areas.
Who Can Apply For ESIF Monies?
– Check National Eligibility Guidelines
ESF Basic Eligibility
– Who can apply:-
Local and Regional Authorities, Training Centres, Administrations States, Development Non Government Organisations, SMEs, Universities, Non-profit organisations.
ERDF Basic Eligibility
– Who can apply:-
Research Centres, Local and Regional Authorities, Training Centres, Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, SMEs, Non-profit organisations.
Where Can I Find Out More Information?
Check our Events Calendar for Workshops in your area.